10.05.2009

mistakes...

can sometimes make for the best photos. While I always try to get the look I want with whatever light I am using, sometimes a light doesn't go off for a frame and you get a completely different look. Many people (me included) would just delete a photo where the flashes didn't go off, but in this case, one light did go off and another one didn't creating a cool sort of silhouette.

Here's what the original lighting looked like:

americoif-7172

Here's the pleasant surprise when my main light didn't go off:

americoif-7167

americoif-7020

These were all shot for a new client, Americoif, which is a professional organization for hairdressers. I photograph their monthly hair shows where they bring in a nationally known stylist to show off their techniques on stage. I'm looking forward to the next show!

To see all the photos from the first show click here.

No comments: