2.16.2010

Temple Israel Bar Mitzvah


Jordan is the oldest son of a family with all "J" first names. You know they are a fun family when they all have the same initials! Jordan's parents actually babysat for me when I was little (before they were married) so it was fun to be able to celebrate this special day with them. Jordan became a Bar Mitzvah at Temple Israel in West Bloomfield in a beautiful Havdallah service. This is my favorite type service, it marks the end of the sabbath with a cup of wine, the lighting a braided candle and smelling sweet spices. I was able to sneak a few photos during the Torah reading which I normally am not able to do. The service concluded and the party kicked into full swing in the Temple Israel social hall. Jamez from Cloud 9 was a great DJ as always and the cake was a work of art! Hopefully I'll get to celebrate with Jordan, Jodi, Jason, Jonah and Jessica again soon!

No comments: