5.20.2010

58:365 Food 5.19.10

20100519-_MG_2707.jpg
Hypocrite.

Those of you who know me can attest to my detest for cake. I didn't eat it at my wedding, I don't have it at birthdays, I have never liked it. This is still true, however, in recent years, my mother-in-law has been making all the birthday cakes for the family since my wife and father-in-law have severe nut allergies and can't trust a store-bought cake. To celebrate my sister-in-law's upcoming birthday, she made this treat. I believe it was a Martha Stewart recipe and it would have made Martha proud. To say it was enjoyed by all would be an understatement and I believe I heard the phrase "Randie, you've really outdone yourself this time," muttered at least once. To me, it was more like a pound cake with a carmel-ish icing. It is now on the list of deserts I will consume. If this makes me a hypocrite, then so be it... but I won't serve it to a bunch of women for breakfast (see yesterday's post if this doesn't make sense to you).

No comments: