9.08.2010

163:365 Close-up 9.2.10

coffee-beans-close-up.jpg
beans.

I'm going to need a lot of this ground up with hot water poured through it in a cup or a mug tomorrow. If you were stalker-ish enough to click all the way through to see the file info, you would notice I took it at 2:13AM. Time to go to bed.

Oh, while I was up, I thought you might like to know how to get some nice, natural looking light at 2:13AM (or any other time of day) so here you go:

coffee-bean-set-up.jpg
...that fancy reflector is a sheet of white paper propped up by the coffee bag, the bounce light is a little piece of foam that was in the close-up filter case (which happened to be on the counter. Yes, I triggered it with my wireless pocket wizard remotes and the light came from my canon 580EXII speedlite, but you could probably do something similar with a flashlight or a table lamp. Give it a try.

No comments: