10.15.2010

176:365 people 9.15.10

presidents.jpg
The Presidents.

These are the presidents of the United Jewish Foundation of Metropolitan Detroit and the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit (JFMD), photographed before their joint annual meeting. JFMD has been one of my biggest clients over the past few years. I photograph all their major events, so getting new, interesting photos can sometimes be a challenge when I see a lot of the same people at each event. This was one of those moments where I was "chimping*" on the back of my camera and thought, hey, I may have something here. I was only using one flash, on-camera, and bounced if off the ceiling and wall next to me. It's amazing how that little flash can look like a big softbox when used correctly.

*chimping, for you non-photographers, is the term referring to one or more people looking at pictures on the back of a digital camera and going "ooh, ooh, ahh, ahh" - like a chimp. I try to avoid doing this, but sometimes it's inevitable.

No comments: