7.27.2010

122:365 Transportation 7.22.10

mini-traffic.jpg
mini.

Two interesting things about this photo:

1. I am playing around with a technique in Photoshop that mimics a look you can get by using a tilt-shift lens. If done well, the scene can look like something from the opening scene of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. If you want to see more like this, let me know and I may make it a theme for a week. See some other cool photos using this technique here.

2. Don't try taking this photo. Apparently it's illegal to walk along this overpass in Royal Oak. I was stopped by a nice police officer who informed me that I was trespassing on private property (Amtrak owns the overpass because its used for the railroad). There were no signs anywhere that indicated this was private property, illegal, or came with a penalty of 30 days in jail. Luckily the officer was understanding and told me that there used to be a sign there, but someone removed it. After taking down my info and giving me a full cavity search, he let me go. I don't condone breaking the law to take photos and don't make a practice of it, but my general rule of thumb when it's not clearly against the rules is to shoot first and ask questions later. When I'm asked to stop, I do. Luckily, I'm not writing this from jail...

No comments: